Friday, August 12, 2011

Chronic colds for 5 years and will not go away, and I don't want to ever have to blow my nose again?

I'm scheduled to get allergy tested in 2 weeks due to chronic rhinitis, CHRONIC EARS POPPING, and some sinusitis that is mixed in, and this has been going on for 5 years. Currently, my doctor has me on Singulair, Augmentin or Clav K, and I also have a right ear infection. I don't know why my ears have been popping for 5 years. I want to be able to completely stop blowing my nose for good. When I get allergy tested in 2 weeks and if that determines I'm allergic to something. Is that why my ears keep popping and the chronic rhinitis, and if I get allergy shots once a week for a year, will that stop the popping? I also think I may need equalizing pressure tubes placed in my ear to drain the fluid out to keep the ears balanced. Should I do allergy testing and than have the equalizing tubes placed in? Any info as to why I always have to blow my nose, my ears pop, and I have been having chronic rhinitis for the past 5 years. I have been smoke free, cold turkey for a week now, and going to stay that way, and I'm a 26 year old male. But I've been on every medicine in the book, nothing cures my ear popping, which I think may be due to allergies or the eustacian tube dysfunction, but I've been treated for eustacian tube dysfunction, and it hasn't gone away, so hopefully the allergy testing will work? Any info about allergy testing and those equalizing pressure tubes for the ears will be helpful. I don't want to ever blow my nose again like I used to not have to 6 years ago, and want to be able to hear better.

No comments:

Post a Comment